Our Guiding Principles:
CHEW believes that parents have the right to educate their own children according to Biblical principles found in the Word of God.
“You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength. Keep these words in your heart that I am telling you today. Do your best to teach them to your children. Talk about them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as something special to see on your hand and on your forehead. Write them beside the door of your hose and on our gates.” –Deuteronomy 6:5-9
- We seek to protect the right of parents to homeschool their children by keeping members informed of relevant legislative or government policy issues.
- We encourage responsible citizenship and diligence in instruction, yet respect and support each family’s right to make their own curriculum, schedule, and instructional style decisions.
- We strive for excellence in all educational activities.
- We desire to protect and preserve the family by providing opportunities for growing, playing, and learning together with other families.
- CHEW is governed by a board of directors which pledges to uphold these guiding principles and seeks God’s will in their decision-making process.